Saturday, June 21, 2008

Summer 2008

For the summer I will be staying in Chuuk to teach school at Saramen Chuuk Academy. This is exciting for many reasons even though one might think it would be fun to get off a small island for the summer. I will get to improve my Chuukese, help SCA at a really exciting point in the school’s growth, and deepen relationships with people in this community. One of my favorite JVs, Megan from Pohnpei, is living with me for the summer and she is teaching at St. Cecilia. Our other roommate is this random Peace Corps who my principal invited to live in Marcos and Lincoln’s old apartment space (also my apartment) if he could teach a few summer school classes at SCA. The guy took my principal up on the offer because his host family is in Hawaii this summer. His name is Michael Gall...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's way too much excitement for that little island!!